GRAND CONCLAVE – JUNE 28-30, 2018
JW MARRIOTT DESERT RIDGE – PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Grand Conclave occurs every two years and offers a unique opportunity for Sig Taus of all ages and their families from across the nation to come together for fellowship, education, and to make decisions on the future of our storied society.
Grand Conclave is perhaps best known for the House of Delegates which brings together alumni delegates and undergraduate delegates from every chartered chapter. Since 1925, the House of Delegates has held all supreme and legislative powers of the Fraternity. The House of Delegates has three main responsibilities and powers.
- Electing the National President-Elect and Members of the Board of Directors
- Enacting laws for the regulation of the Fraternity, since only the House of Delegates may amend the Constitution and Laws of the Fraternity.
- Installing the new biennium Board of Directors
Grand Conclave in 2018 will be located just north of downtown Phoenix at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa. Set on 316 spectacular acres in the Sonoran Desert, this award-winning Phoenix, Arizona spa and golf resort offers breathtaking view and venues. With tons to do on property and shopping venues just across the street, this location will serve as a memorable location for this year’s Conclave.
One of the more important decisions a chapter makes is the selection of its delegate(s) to attend the House of Delegates, because all formal action taken at the House of Delegates is the result of democratic voting, and it is typical for chapter delegates to constitute 65 to 75 percent of the total vote. Those with voting privileges at the House of Delegates include:
- Chartered Chapter Undergraduate Delegates
- Recognized Alumni Associations & Alumni Clubs
- Members of the Board of Directors
- Past National Presidents of the Board of Directors
- Members of the Society of Seventeen
Please take a few minutes to review the pages located in this section of the website. You can register to attend, review the Grand Conclave schedule, and learn more about different aspects of the program. We hope to see you in Phoenix June 28 – 30.