What is the Centennial Celebration at Grand Conclave Kansas City?
- Grand Conclave Kansas City will serve as the ofﬁcial biennial business meeting of the Fraternity where legislation will be discussed and the brotherhood will elect the 2020 – 2022 Board of Directors. Attendees will enjoy fraternal brotherhood through speakers, workshops, banquets, ritual and recognition ceremonies. This summer, Sigma Tau Gamma also celebrates 100 years of brotherhood. Moments to honor our history, traditions, and Founders will be experienced throughout our time together in Kansas City.
Where and when will the Centennial Celebration at Grand Conclave Kansas City take place?
- This once in a lifetime experience will take place June 25 – 28, 2020 at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown.
How do I register?
- All registration is completed through the registration portal on sigtau.org. Alumni have seven (7) registration options to select from, including the entire weekend experience (full registration), to only attending the Saturday Gala and Sunday Founders Day Ceremony.
Can I register a guest to attend with me?
- All friends of Sig Tau and family members are welcomed to attend the Centennial Celebration at Grand Conclave Kansas City. For those who want to learn more about the history of Sigma Tau Gamma and feel the true power of brotherhood, there is no better year to bring along a family member or friend. Opportunities for extra endeavors will be available to take in the sights and sounds of Kansas City.
How can I see who is attending from my chapter?
- A full attendee list of everyone who will be at the Centennial Celebration at Grand Conclave Kansas City can be found on sigtau.org. You can sort the list by ﬁrst name, last name, chapter, and attendee type. Don’t see someone’s name on the list and want to experience 100 years of brotherhood with them? Invite them to register!
I’m local to the Kansas City area, do I need to stay at the hotel?
- To have a truly immersive experience and to enjoy the comradery of hundreds of brothers, we encourage all attendees to make the Kansas City Marriott Downtown their home away from home for the duration of the Conclave. To reserve your room and take advantage of exclusive room rates, please use the link provided below.
Why was Kansas City selected as the host city?
- Sigma Tau Gamma has a long and rich history with the “City of Fountains” and the state of Missouri. Just 60 miles away from Kansas City, at a small rural teachers’ college, Sigma Tau Gamma was born in June of 1920. Since then, Kansas City has been a common meeting place for brothers across the country. This year will be the 7th Grand Conclave held in Kansas City. The 6th Grand Conclave took place in 1930 at the Hotel Muehlbach. This year, the Centennial Celebration at Grand Conclave Kansas City will take place in the EXACT SAME hotel as the 6th Grand Conclave. The Hotel Muehlbach is now the Kansas City Marriott Downtown.