About the Chapter
The Omega Chapter at Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri is one of Sig Tau’s newest chapters. The chapter was originally established in 1941 with 17 Founding Fathers, before returning to campus in 2015. The chapter regained their charter in September 2017 and currently have over 30 members.
- 20 percent of members obtained a 4.0 GPA in the fall 2016 semester.
- Over 90 percent of their members either have a leadership position on campus or involved in another organization.
- Had a 100 percent retention rate for the fall 2016 semester.
- Over 200 community service hours were completed in 2016.
A Chapter Fund is a restricted account from the Sigma Tau Gamma Foundation. In this case, the restriction is that the funds and earnings on the investment of the funds may be used only for a particular chapter, meaning that if you donate to your chapter’s fund, it may only be used for your chapter.
Chapter Funds may be used to:
- Award scholarships based on academic and leadership criteria
- Technology grants for purchase and upgrade of chapter computer technology
- Educational facility grants to the selected chapter
- Leadership education grants for participation in institutes, seminars, and conventions.
The Foundation manages the fund. This management includes fund accounting, investing, and preparing required reports for the Internal Revenue Service. The policy of the Foundation Board of Trustees is to involve chapter alumni association leaders in the creation of criteria, formation of program priorities and selection of grant recipients.
Submitting Changes to the Chapter’s History
Any member of the fraternity and/or chapter is welcome to submit a request to update/change/correct information listed within the chapter history portion of the page. submissions will be accepted in two ways: should a correction need to be made, please submit the entire sentence/paragraph, that needs to be updated with the correction highlighted in yellow or in a different color. If something new or updated needs to be added, please submit the entire text that needs to be added and/or revised with the new information highlighted in yellow.
This information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, where is will be reviewed by HQ Staff. Your submission will not be acknowledged unless it has been added to the website. It is very important that the chapter’s history accurately and objectively reflects the chapter, so all corrections, additions, and revisions should be reviewed by other members of your chapter before being submitted.