Noble Man Institute is an exciting retreat-based leadership program for newly initiated members of Sigma Tau Gamma based on Kouzes & Posner’s book, “The Student Leadership Challenge.” Noble Man Institute is the Fraternity’s national new member development program and is often the first time that members interact with the National Fraternity. The Institute centers around our six Principles while bringing together alumni and undergraduate members of Sig Tau from across the country to develop leadership skills, expand knowledge of the fraternity, and facilitate team building. Undergraduates will participate in large and small group activities, including outdoor ropes course-based activities.
Noble Man Institute is, in part, funded by the Sigma Tau Gamma Foundation. Donations to the Foundation by generous undergraduates, alumni, and friends of Sig Tau make programs like this possible. We thank you for your support.
After attending Noble Man Institute, undergraduates can expect to:
- Describe their personal values and the six Principles of Sigma Tau Gamma.
- Explain the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership and identify their highest practice.
- Compare and contrast the difference between fraternal ideals and behaviors.
- Articulate ways to make a difference in their chapter and community.
- Describe a growth mindset and employ strategies to bounce back from failure.
- Recognize the importance that Fraternity membership plays on personal development and lifelong success.
- Create a vision for their self and their chapter to move towards the fraternal ideal.
Why should I attend?
Noble Man Institute has proven to be a highly engaging and beneficial program for our newest members of the Fraternity. By tracking attendance at Noble Man Institute and Webb Academy, we have found an increasingly significant correlation between attendance at Noble Man Institute and later serving on their chapter’s Executive Cabinet. By analyzing participant survey data over the past three years, we have seen overwhelmingly positive feedback. 97% of attendees say that Noble Man Institute is a great program and that they would recommend attending to new members of Sig Tau.
Comments from Past Participants:
- “This program is amazing and is a must for all new Sig Tau members.”
- “Amazing Institute that will create amazing leaders.”
- “I had a great time. The experience was great, helpful, really informative, provided new and fresh info. I am a new member and the whole experience gives you a new point of view.”
- “It was one of the best leadership camps I’ve attended.”
- “It was an awesome time and I feel I’m a better leader because of what I learned and met a ton of brothers.”
- “The Institute helped me focus my plans on what I need to become a better Sig Tau and further my chapter.”