The Marvin Millsap Headquarters Building, formally the national office of Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity at 101 Ming Street in Warrensburg, MO, has been bought by a local business owner.
The sale includes the Marvin Millsap Headquarters Building, the White Rose Pavilion, and the parking lot adjoining the two buildings.
The property’s governing boards, the Foundation Board of Trustees and United Link Incorporated, approved the sale on July 27, 2020.
Construction began on the Marvin Millsap Headquarters Building in 1977, and it was dedicated on October 28, 1978. The Golden Chain of Honor, a group of 18 men, championed the Building and has been a vital part of Sigma Tau Gamma’s history.
The Building was home to Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity and the Sigma Tau Gamma Foundation for nearly 40 years. On November 7, 2017, the Decommissioning Ceremony commenced, bringing a ceremonial retirement of using the Building as the national office.
Sigma Tau Gamma will have right of first refusal to repurchase the property upon future sale and has the right to place a historical marker, forever signifying the birthplace of Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity.
ABOUT SIGMA TAU GAMMA FRATERNITY
Founded at the University of Central Missouri on June 28, 1920, Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity celebrated 100 years of brotherhood in 2020. In the last 100 years, the organization has called 193 campuses home and has more than 73,000 initiated members. With a current presence on 80 campuses from coast to coast, our membership includes more than 2,700 undergraduate men. The Headquarters, which is home to the Fraternity, Foundation, and WPN Housing Company, is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Visit https://sigtau.org for additional information.