This week is a time for celebration, graduation is around the corner, and Cinco De Mayo is Friday.This holiday is to commemorate the date of the Mexican Army 1862 victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War. Because of this victory, Cinco De Mayo has turned into a day of celebration for many across North America.
Since Cinco De Mayo is seen as a time to celebrate, and since we are noble gentlemen, we need to be mindful of how we present ourselves if you decide to partake in festivities.
- Brothers, be attentive of what you wear to this year’s festivities, what may not be offensive to you, may be offensive to others.
- If you plan to drink, please do so responsibly.
- Before beginning your evening, have a plan to make it home safely, this could either be establishing a designated driver, calling an Uber, Lyft, or taxi.
- If you chose to use Uber, Lyft or taxi, put the address you would like to retire to in your phone. Also, send it to your brothers and friends to ensure multiple people have it.
- Know your limits. Your best friend might have a higher tolerance than you, and one bottle or can of beer does not equal the same amount of alcohol consumption as one mixed drink or cocktail.
- Lastly, do not get in the car with someone who has been drinking and is behind the wheel. Find another mode of transportation and alert the local authorities immediately.