Noble Man Institute is an exciting retreat-based leadership program for newly initiated members of Sigma Tau Gamma based on Kouzes & Posner’s book, “Leadership Challenge.” In many ways, this is the Fraternity’s national new member welcome program. The Institute centers around our six principles while bringing together alumni and undergraduate members of Sigma Tau Gamma from across our regions to develop leadership skills, expand knowledge of the fraternity, and facilitate team building. Undergraduates will participate in large and small group activities including outdoor ropes course-based activities.
After attending Noble Man Institute, undergraduates can expect to:
- Describe their personal values and the six principles of Sigma Tau Gamma.
- Explain the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership and identify their highest practice.
- Compare and contrast the difference between fraternal ideals and behaviors.
- Articulate ways to make a difference in their chapter and community.
- Describe a growth mindset and employ strategies to bounce back from failure.
- Recognize the importance that fraternity membership plays on personal development and lifelong success.
- Create a vision for their self and their chapter to move towards the fraternal ideal.
Dates and Locations
November 10 – 12, 2017
Mason Outdoor Center
23 Birch Ridge Road
Hardwick, NJ 07825
Lake Williamson Christian Center
17280 Lakeside Drive
Carlinville, IL 62626
1200 Camp Highland Road
Ellijay, GA 30540
YMCA Camp Shady Brook
8716 S Y Camp Road
Deckers, CO 80135
Cost of Program
Cost of the program is $60.00 per participant. Participants can register using their mySigTau account by following the directions below. Travel to and from the camp is the responsibility of the chapter/associate chapter. Participants’ meals while attending Noble Man are provided. Any cancellations after October 25, 2017 will result in a $300 fine billed to the chapter following the conclusion of Noble Man.
- Log into mySigTau
- Access “Events” under the Communications tab
- Find the location of the Noble Man Site you plan on attending in the “Upcoming Events” section
- Select “Register Myself Only” from your Noble Man site
- Follow the prompts, provide all necessary information, and remit payment
To confirm you are registered, see the “My Registrations” section on the Events page, where your registration will be listed with a “Completed” Status.
Who can attend?
Participants must be newly initiated members of Sigma Tau Gamma during the spring or fall 2017 semesters to participate in this program. Registration is accepted on a first come first served basis with a maximum attendance of 50 participants per site.
What should I pack?
Participants should pack casual clothing. Pack jackets and outdoor attire or active wear along with tennis shoes, as Saturday morning’s activities, will take place on an outdoor ropes course (weather permitting). Toiletries, towels, a sleeping bag or linens, and pillow are also required as linens are not provided.
Accommodations and Meals
All Noble Man Institute sites are at camp facilities. Participants will bring their own linens or a sleeping bag and pillow. Lodging will be provided in heated cabin facilities. Private shower facilities may be located in a facility outside of your cabin. All meals during the program are provided.
Noble Man Institute is a substance-free program.