Get moving and raise money for Sigma Tau Gamma’s national philanthropy, the Special Olympics! Download the Charity Miles app to your smartphone and join the Sigma Tau Gamma team to start raising money today.
You can contribute to the Special Olympics by following these steps:
- Download the “Charity Miles” app to your smartphone
- Create your log in account
- Join the “@SigmaTauGamma” team to see the progress of other team members and the total miles for Special Olympics
- Choose “Special Olympics” from the list of charities
- Walk, run or bike to start raising money
The app tracks your distance while you exercise and earns money for the Special Olympics according to how many miles you travel during your workout. You can work out and listen to music or use other apps, and Charity Miles will continue to track your progress.
Run a mile= .25 donated
Walk a mile= .25 donated
Bike a mile= .10 donated
The mission of Sigma Tau Gamma is to promote the highest ideals of manhood, brotherhood and citizenship according to the Principles of the Fraternity. Our philanthropy program is designed to help members be good citizens by involving them in several different service opportunities. According to Sigma Tau Gamma’s national philanthropy and service program, each chapter is expected to:
- Support the Special Olympics
- Support a local charitable partner
- Support the charitable event of another fraternity or sorority
For more information about Sigma Tau Gamma’s philanthropy program, click here.
For more information about the Charity Miles app, click here.