Our Sigma Tau Gamma logos are under attack!
Help us protect our history and heritage
Over the past few decades, many fraternities and sororities have been the subject of trademark lawsuits that attempt to take away our rights to Sigma Tau Gamma insignia. These companies believe that we have no right to control the use of our name, letters, badge or coat-of-arms (crest.)
If we were to lose the rights to our trademarks, anyone would be able to use our insignia. Just imagine how frustrating it would be if anyone could use our letters or coat-of-arms to destroy and dilute our reputation. Our name has meaning and purpose, and the integrity of these insignia deserve protection. It’s the only way we can ensure that future generations will wear our letters with pride.
When placing merchandise orders for events like recruitment, bid day, and homecoming, we want to remind you that utilizing Sigma Tau Gamma’s licensed vendors is the only legal way to purchase official, quality merchandise bearing our insignia (Greek letters, name, nickname, crest/coat of arms, badge and other logos). When you buy Official Licensed Products, you are strengthening our brand and helping to secure our trademark rights.
Additionally, here are a few simple tips you can use to enhance your shopping experience:
- Ask for a written invoice or statement from the vendor that summarizes exactly what you have ordered.
- Always ask for a specific date in writing on when you will receive the order. Sometimes vendors can give you a ship date, but not an exact date you will receive the order.
- Always print your order confirmation when purchasing items on the internet.
- Always be willing to call the vendor to be sure you will receive what you requested in time for bid day or recruitment.
- Only provide our artwork to licensed vendors. Never hand over our insignia to an unlicensed vendor who cannot legally use our insignia. (High quality artwork is available on the website under Resources / Communication.)
- Only purchase from those vendors displaying the Official Licensed Product seal. Unlicensed vendors are not held to quality standards and are not authorized to produce products with our trademarks. If you don’t see the OLP seal say NO DEAL!
On behalf of Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity, please have a safe and productive fall semester. Thank you for helping protect our history and heritage by patronizing only licensed vendors.