Alumni Associations in Sigma Tau Gamma begun as chapter-based groups that unite alumni members of a specific college or university and often includes those alumni who live in the surrounding area but may not be from that chapter. Alumni Associations often plan social or philanthropic events to connect alumni with the undergraduate members, raise money to support specific goals of the chapter or to support their chapter specific endowment held by the Foundation, while also supporting the institution that the Alumni Association is affiliated with.
Registered Alumni Associations in “Good Standing” are granted a vote at the Fraternity’s Grand Conclave, which takes place every even year.
Upon graduation, every member of Sig Tau is given the opportunity to join an Alumni Association. If the chapter does not currently have an alumni association, a group of alumni from that chapter can submit the necessary paperwork and fees to Fraternity Headquarters and create one.
In addition to receiving a vote at Grand Conclave, registered Alumni Associations will receive the following benefits:
- Insurance coverage for all Association members and programs within compliance of the Fraternity Insurance Policy.
- Access to alumni membership list.
- Alumni association specific marketing and branding and access to Fraternity images.
- Assistance with one mailing per year.
- Foundation support and endowment mailings.
Recognized Alumni Associations
- Alpha, Central Missouri
- Beta, Truman State
- Epsilon, Pittsburg State
- Zeta, Northeastern State
- Alpha Phi, Southeast Missouri
- Beta Gamma, Youngstown State
- Beta Iota, Cal U
- Beta Kappa, UW – La Crosse
- Beta Lambda, Valparaiso
- Beta Pi, Frostburg State
- Beta Upsilon, Cleveland State
- Gamma Alpha, Mansfield
- Gamma Pi, Stephen F. Austin
- Gamma Tau, Millersville
- Delta Delta, UNC Greensboro
- Delta Theta, North Texas
- Delta Tau, Indiana State
- Epsilon Eta, Murray State
- Epsilon Rho, Salisbury University
- New Orleans Alumni Chapter